Phishing E-mail Attempts
Users who have responded to a phishing e-mail must change their NetID password immediately and call the NUIT Support Center at 847-491-HELP (4357) to report the bogus e-mail and to receive further instructions, if necessary.
The list of e-mails below are phishing attempts that have been received by members of the University community. Select the date to view the phishing e-mail in pdf format.
- June 17, 2009 - Subject: Worldpay CARD transaction Confirmation
- June 7, 2009 - Subject: Attention:Webmail Email User
- June 1, 2009 - Subject: Dear Webmail Account User,
- May 26, 2009 - Subject: Warning!!! EDU webmail ACCOUNT USERS ( Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed)
- May 14, 2009 - Subject: Unusual Activity Noted
- May 12, 2009 - Subject: Reactivation Of Your EDU Email Account
- May 7, 2009 - Subject: Attn: Webmail Users, (FINAL NOTIFICATION)
- April 28, 2009 - Subject:You have received a new message on the eBay forum.
- April 17, 2009 - Subject: MESSAGING CENTER/EMAIL UPGRADE.
- March 24, 2009 - Subject: Comfirm Your Sdsc Email Account Imediately!!!
- March 17, 2009 - Subject: Northern Trust Bank Announcement: Several important additions
- March 6, 2009 - Subject: Webmail Mentainance
- March 5, 2009 - Subject: Notice - Fidelity, Corp.
- February 20, 2009 - Subject: Warning Alert !!!
- January 21, 2009 - Subject: Update Your Northwestern Account Now
- January 8, 2009 - Subject: Confirm Your Email Identity Below
- January 5, 2009 - Subject: Your mailbox is over its size limit.
- Phishing E-mail
- Phishing E-mail Archive
- Guard Against Social Engineering
- NUIT's E-mail Defense System
- The Federal Trade Commission
- Anti-Phishing Working Group
- FBI Cyber Investigations
- The Internet Crime Complaint Center (ICCC)
- National Consumer's League's phishinginfo.org
- OnGuardOnline.gov Phishing Quiz
Last Updated: 17 June 2009