The topic for this month is Framing. Framing is where we use the method of delivery of information to frame or manipulate the way the target receives it. We frame in daily conversation and we deal with framing in our daily lives. How many of us would buy meat that is 25% fat? Yet most of us would readily buy meat that is 75% lean… an example of Framing. Join us as we interview Internet Business Guru and Math Genius Sam Yagan of www.okcupid.com to discuss how framing is used in daily activities like attracting a mate. Release Date 14 December 2009
You can download it direct:
Framing – Alter the Reality Frame 003
This episode is sponsored by Spy Associates.
Of Course, we can’t thank Offensive Security enough for all of their help in making this happen.
Plugs and What’s New
We started a nice archive of our newsletters and we will be adding to it with articles we have printed by other sources. Sign up to get it early via email by going to our Newsletter page for more info, or check out the archives at that page.
Spy Associates asked us to review a Slim Pen Recorder. Check the Framework where you can see our review on the Slim Pen Recorder Page of the Framework and be sure to check our their site for some of the coolest spy gadgets you must have as a social engineer.
This month we interviewed math genius and Internet Business guru, Sam Yagan. Sam is a Harvard Graduate with a unique outlook on how to start a business and make it profitable. Sam and his partners started an Internet Dating site called OkCupid.Com with the goal of “taking something preexisting, making it better and making free.”
- How do they actually work a FREE dating service and what is the catch?
- How does a Harvard Math geek turn into an Internet Dating Business Professional?
- Did that math background help in creating some truly unique datasets about human behavior?
- From your research what is the most surprising aspect of human behavior you have seen in your research?
- What have you found are effective methods that people use that actually get a reply? What is not effective?
- Has the research you’ve done on your data set changed the way you look at people at all?
We tie all this into how it applies to social engineers. What can we learn about framing and the manipulation of information from a dating website?
To check out so amazing pieces of information on human thinking check out the OkCupid’s Blog.
This was an awesome interview that we learn a lot from and we are sure you will too.
Got a great idea for an upcoming podcast? Send an email to contribute [email protected] social-engineer.org