For three years the SEPodcast crew has been trying to get this guest on the show. Finally, we have done it and the wait was worth it. Dr. Robert Cialdini, the father of influence studies, joins us in one of our best. Oct 10, 2016
Got a great idea for an upcoming podcast? Send an email to contribute -@- social-engineer.org
Enjoy the Outtro Music? Thanks to Clutch for allowing us to use Gone Cold, one of the best songs they have ever written, as our new SEPodcast Theme Music
And check out a schedule for all our training at Social-Engineer.Com
Robert Cialdini (http://www.influenceatwork.com) is the Regents' Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Marketing at Arizona State University and was a visiting professor of marketing, business and psychology at Stanford University, as well as at the University of California at Santa Cruz. He has written a number of books and literally defined the studies on how we understand the principles of influence.
This month we get a chance to talk to Bob (He wouldn't let us call him Dr. Cialdini) about:
- How he got started in his career path?
Was he really about to enter pro baseball?
- What does he think the difference between influence and manipulation is?
- Can 5 words really change your message?
- There is just soooo much more - you will love this one for sure!
Bob recommends these amazing books:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition - Cialdini
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade - Cialdini
- Rhetoric - Aristole
- The Hidden Persuaders - Vance Packard
- Persuasive Advertising: Evidence-based Principles - J. Scott Armstrong
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others - Daniel H. Pink
Enjoy! What an amazing PODCAST!